Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lobster Rolls with Roasted Sweet Potato Covered in Almond Cream Sauce

\

Okay then!  So I decided I want to try my hand at making lobster rolls the other day.  It's certainly not something I'd want to do all that often.  I misread the label stating 10.99 ea for 10.99/lb  ...Hey, it can happen to the best of us lol.  Anyways, Rowan made the side dish, which was amazing.  I don't exactly know what all went into it, so she can make any additional updates if she deems it necessary.  As for the lobster rolls, this dish used up 5 split lobster tails, some diced green onion, light mayo, garlic and onion powder, and salt and pepper.  The rolls themselves were just sub buns that were buttered and toasted prior to plating.  On the bottom of that mass of lobster is some fresh mozzarella and prosciutto.  These aren't traditional ingredients for lobster rolls, but I just wanted to add some jazz.  What else is there to say?  I chunked up the lobster meat and threw all the ingredients into a bowl and mixed them up.  It's lobster, so lobster should always be the star of the show.  Unfortunately, the lobster used in the rolls was from Honduras.  This means that the lobster came from warm water, ergo the quality of the lobster was lower than if it had come from cold water.  Either way, it made a tasty sandwich which went beautifully with Rowan's sweet potato.  The dish was very filling. - Dante

No comments:

Post a Comment