Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bentos #10/11- Tortellini with Garlic Cream Sauce

Tuesday's dinner was pretty darn good if I do say so myself.  I bought prepackaged (I know, lame...lol) Chicken and Prosciutto Tortellini and made a Garlic Cream sauce to go on it.  I modified this recipe from food.com.  Basically, I used fat-free half and half, added Parmesan cheese, added some orange pepper when sauteeing the garlic, and added spinach and chopped prosciutto in the last step.  Then took sub rolls and sprayed them with some Olivio, added garlic salt, Italian seasoning, Parmesan, and Mozzarella and popped em in the toaster oven for a few minutes. 

See?  Tasty...
And, as is the theme around here, tonight's dinner becomes tomorrow's bentos (which I think is a very good thing.  I'm already noticing we throw away less food this way!)


My bento: Actually not as much leftovers as Dante's.  I have: Tortellini in the red silicone cup at the end (those things are so gosh darn handy!!), Colby Jack Cheese, Ranch dressing, Whole Grain bread, and salad (spinach, romaine, and grape tomatoes).

 

Dante's bento: Leftover Tortellini and Garlic Bread, apples, and Cheddar Babybel.  (The apples don't look quite so nifty since they're in a plastic bag, but I packed these the night before.)

And since I didn't make bentos today (it was early, I was tired, and our boxes were dirty!), I think that catches me up!  woo hoo!!

Happy Bento-ing!

Rowan

No comments:

Post a Comment